On 29th June 2016, we completed our final Community Cohesion session this was held at Rochdale Town Hall we enjoyed a beautiful lunch in the Reception Room followed by the speeches in the Council Chamber. Lots of dignitaries attended the Mayor and Lady Mayoress, Councillor Janet Emsley, Mark Robinson Assistant Director of Planning and Development, Andrew Riley – Greater Manchester Police, Sandra Bowness – Assistant Director Early Help & Schools, Gail Hopper – Director of Children’s Services to name but a few.
This year the project has included:
• How to develop good relationships and respect differences between people
• Learned about the role of a Peacemaker
• Worked alongside a town planner to create a “New Town”
• Voiced opinions on how to improve their local area
• Written speeches to deliver at the Town Hall on how to improve Rochdale
Each group delivered their speech with confidence and the attendees responded to all points raised.
It was a fantastic day and we are all very proud of Marland, Hamer and Rochdale 6th Form College for highlighting and trying to change issues within Rochdale.